Hi, Donal here, I am going to talk to you about safer sex.
When alcohol/ drugs are in the equation, sometimes our best intentions about safe sex are easily forgotten. Some questions to ask yourself before you even go there.
- Do I want to do this? Do they want to do this?
- Is there a risk I'll feel bad or ashamed after?
- Does this person respect me?
- Do I respect this person?
- Am I using someone for sex?
- Am I being used for sex?
- Have we talked about contraception?
- What do I want from this?
Remember no means no and if the person you have going to have sex with is really drunk, they wont be able to consent to it Always use a condom, never have sex without one. When you have sex with someone without using a condom; it’s is like sleeping with 16 random people unprotected. Pregnancy and STIs last a lot longer than a hangover.